Monday, June 14, 2010

Yeah for Max!!


Max also had am amazing day today. I wanted to blog it separately because I thought it deserved its own spotlight. Every month at Calcium Elementary they have a different attribute they work on, to become Peacemakers. For May it was courage - the courage to do what was right no matter what. Heidi and Simon had received a peacemaker award the two previous months, and I am so proud of them for that but understanding the struggles Max has, I was not expecting the same from him. But he did it. He was so well behaved that he was nominated for the courage award for doing something that is hard for him - having a positive attitude at school. So today at the Peacemaker assembly Max got to go up and get a certificate ( and a coupon for free ice cream in the cafeteria - the real prize for him). Yeah for Max, and yeah for Calcium for helping my baby succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment