Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Other peoples children


Why is it that every time I spend time with kids from other families, I love my kids all the more?? Don't get me wrong, my kids are (often!!) pains in the fanny, and it's not that the other kids are even bad. Heidi had her friends over this weekend for a sleep over. Five girls, all around 8 yrs old, but the levels of maturity were so different. Some couldn't get drinks of water for themselves, others wanted to borrow the car (jk). I overheard several tiffs, but only one girl kept asking me to fix the problem. Some did what I asked the first time, others had to be hovered over and forced into action. By the time I got them all to go to sleep it was 1 am. I hope that it was a little easier for my mom to have all us girls, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Maybe because we were around a little more she knew what to expect from us. And I will never know how teachers don't go crazy ever single day. The one good thing about having alot of extra kids in the house is how quiet it seems when they all leave again.

No comments:

Post a Comment